Diamond Screw Levelwinds
LeBus has been called on to make diamond screw level winds for varied applications where the LeBus
Fleet Angle Compensator would not be practical.
In some applications of spooling wire rope, a Diamond Screw Levelwind would be more suitable than a
Fleet Angle Compensator.
Some of these applications are as follows:
1. Lack of Adequate tension on the wire rope.
2. No fixed sheave to go to and from the Winch drum.
3. In some rare cases, the construction of the wire rope.
A Diamond Screw Levelwind consists of:
1. A shaft with a cross thread pattern cut into it (Diamond Screw).
2. A Pawl which fits the shaft to follow the cross thread pattern.
3. A Roller box or Sheave for the wire rope to travel through properly.
4. A gearbox or chain drive system to connect the winch to the Diamond Screw Levelwind, with frame work to bring it all together.
We can furnish the diamond shaft and pawls leaving the mounting, gearing, frame work and assembly to the customer.
LeBus International has the capability to make many styles of specialty sheaves. These Sheaves can be up to approximately 12 feet O.D. We can groove the sheave to most all wire rope sizes and in most cases, flame hardening is available. All fabrication, machining, and flame hardening would take place at LeBus. Common sizes are better left to the mass producers but if you are looking for something large or something “out of the ordinary”, then maybe we can help.
For more information about the LeBus Diamond Screw Levelwinds or about custom Sheaves please contact us, or if you have a question simply fill out the form to the left.